MCU Pro Features:
- Proprietary Mackie communication protocol for seamless music productionsoftware integration
- 100mm touch-sensitive optical Penny + Giles motorized faders
- V-Pot control over software, plug-in effects and virtual instruments
- More than 50 dedicated push-buttons for fine control of softwareparameters
- Tape-style transport controls
- Full meter display with track names and parameters
- Quick cursor-style buttons for Up, Down, Left, Right and Zoom
- Onboard USB MIDI interface for direct connection to Mac or PC and up to 3additional pieces of external MIDI gear
- Software-specific Lexan overlays included
- Expandable via optional Mackie Control Extender Pro and C4 Pro modules
- ACID Pro 6
- Digital Performer
- Final Cut Pro 5
- Live 5
- Pro Tools
- Reason 3
- Soundtrack Pro
PC Software Requirements:
- Microsoft Windows XP SP 2, Vista 32/64 RTM or higher
- Pentium 4, Celeron, or Athlon XP processor
- 256 MB RAM
Mac Software Requirements:
- Mac OS X 10.3.9 – 10.4.9
- G4 processor
- 256 MB RAM
Mackie’s MCU Pro integrates with your DAW software and provides you with an intuitive control of mix and plug-in parameters and real-time visual feedback.
The MCU Pro goes beyond simple faders and transport controls – with nine 100mm Penny + Giles optical touch-sensitive faders (1 per channel & 1 master), a full-sized backlit LCD and V-Pots for fast tweaking. With optional expandability via Mackie Control Extender Pro ender Pro and Mackie Control C4 Pro, MCU Pro is also the only software control surface that can grow with your studio.
The Mackie Control Universal Pro features a two-line, 55-character backlit LCD that display parameters like track name, channel metering, I/O assignments, plug-ins, EQ, dynamics or anything that Mackie’s various software partners want you to see. Without dividing your attention between control surface and computer monitor, your mixing speed, efficiency and creative control are all distraction-free. And since it’s always a good idea to know where you are in your program material, MCU Pro also sports a big, seven-segment LED timecode display.
Each fader channel also has a genuine Mackie rotary V-Pot, surrounded by an LED collar to indicate the current value, and dedicated buttons for record ready, solo, mute, channel select, and signal present LED. In addition, the master section includes buttons for navigating channels — individually or in banks of eight — as well as for software specific controls like assigning I/O, sends, EQ, dynamics, and plug-ins, to name a few.
While the MCU Pro is compatible with all major music production software, it is also designed to specifically work with your application — just access your software’s parameters in the master section and you can get right down to action. Mackie even supply pre-labeled Lexan overlays for your application.